Terms Of Service
Effective Date: 7 September, 2019
Grant of a Limited License to Use the Service
Subject to your agreement and continuing compliance with these Terms of Service and any other relevant Spark5's policies, Spark5 grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable limited right and license subject to the limitations below to access and use the Service for your own non-commercial entertainment purposes. You agree not to use the Service for any other purpose. The Services are being licensed to you and you hereby acknowledge that no title or ownership in the Services is being transferred or assigned to you.
1. You shall not create an Account or access the Service if you are under the age of 13. You shall restrict use by minors, and you will deny access to children under the age of 13. You accept full responsibility for any unauthorized use of the Service by minors. You are responsible for any use of your credit card or other payment instrument by minors.
2. You shall not have more than one Account at any given time, sell or give away your Account, create an Account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself; You shall not use the Service if you have previously been removed by Spark5, or previously been banned from playing any Spark5's game.
3. You shall use your Account only for non-commercial purposes; You shall not use the Service to advertise, or solicit, or transmit any commercial advertisements, including chain letters, junk or spam e-mail or repetitive messages to anyone.
All terms of this Terms of Service shall commence on the date that you accept this Terms of Service, install or otherwise use any of Spark5's Services and ends on the earlier date of either your disposal of the Services and/or the termination of this Terms of Service by Spark5.
Username and Password
During the Account creation process, you may be required to select a password (“Login Information”). You shall not share the Account or the Login Information, nor let anyone else access your account or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your Account. In the event you become aware of or reasonably suspect any breach of security, including without limitation any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of the Login Information, you must immediately notify Spark5 and modify your Login Information. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Login Information, and you will be responsible for all uses of the Login Information, including purchases, whether or not authorized by you. You are responsible for anything that happens through your Account.
Spark5 reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to claims by a third party that a username violates the third party’s rights.
2. LICENSE LIMITATIONS
Any use of the Service in violation of these License Limitations is strictly prohibited, can result in the immediate revocation of your limited license and may subject you to liability for violations of law.
You agree to comply with the following requirements when you use any of Spark5's Services:
1. You will not engage in any act that Spark5 deems to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of the Service or make improper use of Spark5's support services.
2. You will not use cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service, any Spark5's game or any Spark5's game experience or without Spark5's express written consent, modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Service or any Spark5's game.
3. You will not exploit, distribute or publicly inform other users of any Spark5's Service error, miscue or bug which provides for an unintended advantage or allows impersonation of another person, including by use of automated collection mechanisms such as clear graphics interchange formats ("gifs"), cookies, or similar technology.
4. You will not reverse engineer, de-compile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying software or other intellectual property used to provide the Service or any Spark5's game, or to obtain any information from the Service or any Spark5's game using any method not expressly permitted by Spark5.
5. You will not disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of any computer or server (“Server”) used to offer or support the Service or any Spark5's game environment.
6. You will not exploit differences in pricing for In-App Purchases or In-Service Content (e.g., through arbitrage) by sending altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information, including but not limited to, by use of a proxy or spoofed IP addresses or VPNs, or by requesting that someone else make In-App Purchases or purchase In-Service Content on your behalf in order to take advantage of a difference in pricing.
7. You will not institute, assist, or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation distribution of a virus, denial of service attacks upon the Service, or other attempts to disrupt the Service or any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Service.
8. You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, Accounts registered to others or to the computers, Servers, or networks connected to the Service by any means other than the user interface provided by Spark5, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, or software that is part of the Service.
9. You will not post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable or offensive.
10. You will not post any information that contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or that contains a link to such content.
11. You will not harass, threaten or bully other players in any way, nor post or submit any abusive, threatening, bullying, harassing, obscene, defamatory, offensive, pornographic or illegal content, or content that infringes or violates the rights of someone else, or impersonate any other person.
12. You will not make available through the Service any material or information that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, or other right of any person or entity or impersonates any other person, including without limitation a Spark5's employee.
13. You will not attempt to obtain personal information from other users of the Service or any Spark5’s game or collect or post anyone’s private information, including personally identifiable information (whether in text, image or video form), identification documents, or financial information through the Service.
14. You will not override or modify any security features or restrictions that Spark5 implemented or may implement in any Service.
15. You will not improperly use our support services, including by submitting false reports.
16. You will not copy, modify or distribute content from Spark5’s Services except as specifically authorized by us.
17. You will not advocate, promote, encourage, or otherwise facilitate any illegal behavior, including but not limited to the use of illegal drugs, unlawful gambling or theft.
18. You will not use Spark5’s Services for any unauthorized commercial purpose, including but not limited to commercial advertisement or solicitation (such as chain letters, junk e-mail, “spam,” or other repetitive messages), or gathering or transferring In-Service Content for sale.
Spark5 reserves the right to determine what conduct it considers to be in violation of the rules of use or otherwise outside the intent or spirit of these Terms of Service or the Service itself. Spark5 reserves the right to take action as a result, which may include terminating your Account and prohibiting you from using the Service
3. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION OF ACCOUNT AND SERVICE
1. Without limiting any other remedies, Spark5 may limit, suspend, terminate, modify, or delete accounts or access to Spark5's Service or portions thereof if you are, or Spark5 suspects that you are, failing to comply with any of these terms of Service or for any actual or suspected illegal or improper use of the service, with or without notice to you. You can lose your user name and persona as a result of account termination or limitation, as well as any benefits, privileges, earned items and purchased items associated with your use of the service, and Spark5 is under no obligation to compensate you for any such losses or results.
2. Without limiting our other remedies, Spark5 may limit, suspend or terminate the Service and user accounts or portions thereof, prohibit access to our games and sites, and their content, services and tools, delay or remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to prevent users from accessing the Service if we believe that they are creating risk or possible legal liabilities, infringing the intellectual property rights of third parties, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our terms or policies. Additionally, we may, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate accounts of users who may be repeat infringers of third party intellectual property rights.
3. Spark5 reserves the right to terminate any account that has been inactive for 180 days.
4. Spark5 reserves the right to stop offering and/or supporting the Service or a particular game or part of the Service at any time, at which point your license to use the Service or a part thereof will be automatically terminated. In such event, Spark5 shall not be required to provide refunds, benefits or other compensation to users in connection with such discontinued Services. Termination of your Account can include disabling your access to the Service or any part thereof including any content you submitted, or others submitted.
5. You may terminate your Account at any time and for any reason by following the contacting our support page informing Spark5 that you wish to terminate your Account.
Games and Service
All rights, title and interest in and to the Service (including without limitation any games, titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, catch phrases, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, documentation, in-game chat transcripts, character profile information, recordings of games played using a Spark5's game client, and the Spark5 game clients and server software) are owned by Spark5. Spark5 reserves all rights, including without limitation, all intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, in connection with its games and the Service.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in the account, and you further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to the account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of Spark5.
Spark5 owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to use all of the content that appears in the Service or in Spark5's games. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary herein, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any content that appears in the Service, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in any Spark5's game, whether earned in a game or purchased from Spark5, or any other attributes associated with an Account or stored on the Service.
5. USER CONTENT
1. Spark5 assumes no responsibility for the conduct of any user submitting any User Content and assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Service for inappropriate content or conduct. We do not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Content. Your use of the Service is at your own risk. By using the Service, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or otherwise not in line with your expectations. You bear all risks associated with the use of any User Content available in connection with the Service. At our discretion, our representatives or technology may monitor and/or record your interaction with the Service or communications (including without limitation chat text) when you are using the Service.
2. By entering into these Terms of Service, you hereby provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring and recording. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of any User Content, including without limitation chat text or voice communications.
3. If at any time Spark5 chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Service, Spark5 nonetheless assumes no responsibility for User Content and assumes no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate User Content. We have the right, but not the obligation, in our sole discretion to edit, refuse to post, or remove any User Content.
The Service may include various forums, blogs and chat features where you can post User Content, including your observations and comments on designated topics. Spark5 cannot guarantee that other members will not use the ideas and information that you share. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or don’t want others to use, do not post it on the Service. Spark5 shall have no responsibility to evaluate, use or compensate you for any ideas or information you may choose to submit.
You are solely responsible for the information that you post on, through or in connection with the Service and that you provide to others. Spark5 may reject, refuse to post or delete any User Content for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, User Content that in the sole judgment of Spark5 violates these Terms of Service.
You retain all right, title and interest to your User Content, except that you grant Spark5 an irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide license (including the right to sublicense and assign to third party) and right to copy, reproduce, fix, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, manufacture, commercialize, publish, distribute, sell, license, sublicense, transfer, lease, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, or provide access to electronically, broadcast, communicate to the public by telecommunication, display, perform, enter into computer memory, and use and practice, in any way, your User Content as well as all modified and derivative works thereof in connection with our provision of the Service, including marketing and promotions of the Service. You also hereby grant to Spark5 the right to authorize others to exercise any of the rights granted to Spark5 under these Terms of Service. You further hereby grant to Spark5 the unconditional, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, likeness and any other information or material included in any User Content and in connection with any User Content, without any obligation to you. Except as prohibited by law, you waive any rights of attribution and/or any moral rights you may have in your User Content, regardless of whether your User Content is altered or changed in any manner. Spark5 does not claim any ownership rights in your User Content and nothing in these Terms of Service is intended to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your User Content. Spark5 has no obligation to monitor or enforce your intellectual property rights in or to your User Content.
1. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Service and any other parties with whom you interact through the Service and/or Spark5's games, Spark5 reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with these disputes. You will fully cooperate with Spark5 to investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity, including, without limitation, granting Spark5 access to any password-protected portions of your Account.
2. If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
6. FEES AND PURCHASE TERMS
1. In the Service you may use real world money to purchase a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use virtual currency, including but not limited to virtual cash or gems, all for use in Spark5's games. You may also purchase “virtual in-game items” and other goods or services. Purchased In-Service Content is subject to the payment terms and conditions of the mobile platforms (Apple iOS, Google Android OS) from which you make your purchase. Spark5 does not control the process.
2. Spark5 may manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Items and/or Merchandise at any time, with or without notice. Spark5 may also revise the pricing for the goods and services offered through the Service at any time. Spark5 shall have no liability to you or any third party in the event that Spark5 exercises any such rights.
3. The transfer of Virtual Items and Merchandise is prohibited except where expressly authorized in the Service. Other than as expressly authorized in the Service, you shall not sell, redeem or otherwise transfer Virtual Items or Merchandise to any person or entity, including but not limited to Spark5, another user or any third party.
4. The provision of In-Service Items for use in Spark5's games commences immediately upon acceptance of your purchase by Spark5. You cannot cancel your order for the supply of Virtual Items or Merchandise if the delivery has started upon your request and acknowledgement that you thereby lose your cancellation right.
5. All sales are final. You acknowledge that neither Spark5 nor any mobile platform provider is required to provide a refund. You will not receive money or other compensations for unused in-service content when an account is closed. In case you do not receive an in-service item that you properly purchased whether such closure was voluntary or involuntary, you may request a refund directly from that platform provider subject to their refund policy.
7. MODIFICATION OF TERMS OF SERVICE
2. Spark5 may require that you accept updates to the Service and to Spark5's games you have installed on any platform. You may need to update third party software in order to receive the Service and play Spark5's games.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
Without limiting Spark5's liability under section 9 below, the service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis for your use, without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, and those arising from course of dealing or usage of trade. Spark5 does not warrant that you will be able to access or use the Service at the times or locations of your choosing; that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free; that defects will be corrected; or that the game or the Service are free of viruses or other harmful components.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. In no event will Spark5 and its subsidiaries and affiliates be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or other similar damages, including but not limited to loss of revenues, lost profits, lost data or business interruption or other intangible losses, arising out of or relating in any way to these Terms of Service or the Service itself, whether based on contract, tort or any other Legal theory, and whether or not Spark5 has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Spark5 shall not be liable to you for more than the amount you have paid to Spark5 in accordance with these Terms of Service in the six (6) months immediately preceding the date on which you first assert a claim. You acknowledge and agree that if you have not paid anything to Spark5 during such time period, your sole remedy (and Spark5's exclusive liability) for any dispute with Spark5 is to stop using the Service and to cancel your account.
2. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for certain types of damages. Accordingly, some of the above disclaimers and limitations may not apply to you. To the extent that Spark5 may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any warranty or limit its liability as set forth herein, the scope of such warranty and the extent of Spark5's liability shall be the minimum permitted under such applicable law. In particular, nothing in these Terms of Service shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer or exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from any negligence or fraud of Spark5.
3. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Spark5 harmless from any claim, demand, damages or other losses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, asserted by any third-party resulting from or arising out of your use of the Service, or any breach by you of these Terms of Service, however the foregoing does not apply if the infringement of rights is not attributable to your intentional or negligent behavior.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
11. GENERAL PROVISIONS
Spark5 may publish additional policies related to specific services such as forums, contests or loyalty programs. Your right to use such services is subject to those specific policies and these Terms of Service.
3. Except as expressly and specifically set forth in this these Terms of Service, no representations, statements, consents, waivers, or other acts or omissions by Spark5 shall be deemed a modification of these Terms of Service nor legally binding, unless documented in physical writing, hand signed by You and a duly appointed officer of Spark5.
1. You acknowledge that the rights granted and obligations made under these Terms of Service to Spark5 are of a unique and irreplaceable nature, the loss of which shall irreparably harm Spark5 and which cannot be replaced by monetary damages alone so that Spark5 shall be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief (without the obligations of posting any bond or surety or proof of damages) in the event of any breach or anticipatory breach by you.
2. You irrevocably waive all rights to seek injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of the Service or any Spark5's game, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of the Service or any content or other material used or displayed through the Service and agree to limit your claims to claims for monetary damages, limited by Section 7 (if any).
13. FORCE MAJEURE
Spark5 shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside the reasonable control of Spark5, including without limitation any failure to perform hereunder due to unforeseen circumstances or cause beyond Spark5's control such as acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes, or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
14. TRANSLATED VERSIONS
If we provide a translated version of these Terms of Service or any other terms or policy incorporated or referenced in these Terms of Service, it is for informational purposes only. If the translated version means something different than the English version, then the English meaning will be the one that applies.
Contact us if you have any queries regarding the Terms of Service listed above.
Effective Date: 7 September, 2019
1. PRIVACY PLEDGE
Our commitment is to put users first. We strive to be transparent about how we collect and use information from our users, to keep the information we collect secure, and to provide users meaningful choices. Since our founding in 2018, Spark5 has intentionally avoided collecting data that identifies specific individuals (such as name, email address, physical address, GPS or phone number) to the extent possible.
2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Device Identifiers: When you interact with our Services, we do not require you to provide information that identifies you personally. Instead, we collect and identify your device primarily using your mobile device advertising identifier, e.g. Apple’s iOS Identifier for Advertising (IDFA) or Google’s Android Advertising ID, as well as other identifiers.
Email: If you would like to post comments on our blog you will be required to sign up to the website and create an account by providing a working email address and a user-generated password. Once you create an account you automatically subscribe to our blog.
Other Information You Provide to Us: We collect the information that you provide to us, for example when you communicate with others or post, blog, upload or store content, contact our Technical Support team, or provide billing information.
Information from Cookies and Other Technologies: See next section.
3. COOKIES POLICY
3.1 What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies, please read allaboutcookies.org
3.3 Disabling Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
3.4 The Cookies We Set
Forms related cookies: When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Site preferences cookies: In order to provide you with a great experience on this site, we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page that is affected by your preferences.
3.5 Third-Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
The RevenueHits service we use to serve to advertise uses a cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioral advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook and Twitter will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
4. ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
5. USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to deliver, personalize, and improve our Services. We also use the information we collect to:
Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that are targeted toward your interests.
Save and associate your activity across our Services and your different devices as well as associate any accounts you may use across Spark5 Services together. We may associate activity and accounts under a single user ID.
Carry out or support promotions.
Create analytics and reports for external parties, including partners, publishers, advertisers, apps, third-parties and the public regarding the use of and trends within our Services and ads, including showing trends to partners regarding general preferences, the effectiveness of ads and information on user experiences.
Detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activity.
6. SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share the information we collect within the Spark5 family of brands. We do NOT sell, license or share information that individually identifies our users with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Spark5 unless one of the following circumstances applies.
With Affiliated Brands: Spark5 shares information within its affiliated brands.
With Your Consent: We will share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Spark5 when we have your consent to do so.
With Service Providers: We provide user information to trusted partners who work on our behalf based on our instructions and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality measures.
For Legal and Other Purposes: We may access, preserve, and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with: (i) legal process and legal requests; (ii) enforcement of our Terms of Service; (iii) claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of Game Circus, its users, or the public; (v) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims; or (vi) as otherwise required by law.
New Ownership: If the ownership or control of all or part of Spark5 or specific Services changes as a result of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
7. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Our Website would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every User is entitled to the following:
The right to access - You have the right to request Our Website for copies of your personal data. We may charge a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Our Website correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Website to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure - You have the right to request that Our Website erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Our Website restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Our Website's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Our Website transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject, “Exercising Data Protection Rights”.
8. INFORMATION SECURITY
Spark5 has adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access, use or disclosure of customer information we collect or store.
9. DATA RETENTION
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
10. PROTECTING CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Our Services are not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect, use, or share information from children under age 13. If you believe that your child may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
11. DATA TRANSFERS
Spark5 is based in India and we process and store information in India. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.